 Announcements / 249
248  |  250
Subject:
New URL for Ed Boxer sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 15:41:50 GMT

I now have an additional URL to access my sites:

www.geocities.com/~edboxer

This would replace:

www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/9172 (note, this URL will remain active)

I have joined GeoPlus (an enhanced version of GeoCities).  Its actually a very
good deal.  25mg for $4.95 a month (first month is free).  As a Featured site I
get an additional 3mg for a total of 28mg. But this deal just gets better:
hits to GeoCities sites earn GeoPoints.  After paying one $4.95 payment, you
can pay your GeoPlus bill ($4.95) with 50 GeoPoints (I have over 1300
GeoPoints).  I'm paid for 26 months!!!!!!

The major advantage is GeoPlus is advertising free - no pop-ups, no geoguides!!
Plus it has a really cool counter stat script (track hits by day, week,
month).

{end of gratuitous GeoRave}

The next step is going for the virtual url:  www.edboxer.com