 Announcements / 2415
2414  |  2416
Subject:
The first pics of my cathedral project!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:05:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

i have started my dream lego creation: a Cathedral! unfortunately, due to cost of parts, i cannot afford to build it out of real bricks, but have to do it with LDRAW. i used MLCAD. anyway, here is a deep link:

sorry it is so big, the details just dont come out right with a smaller picture. here is ther link to the folder:

there are only 3 pics, just 2 of the whole model so far, and one of the stained glass window. however, check back occasionally, as i will be updating the folder as i build more. the facade is inspired by Reims Cathedral in France. it is composed of 5982 pieces! i hope to reach about 30,000 with the completed model. the rest of the cathedral will be based around the National Cathedral in Washington DC. it really inspired me when i was there, and i wanted to build somthing like it. well, this is my first virtual model, but i think it is coming along nicely! please let me know what you think!

thanks! steve