 Announcements / 2189
2188  |  2190
Subject:
COLTC Cleveland Road Show Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:18:53 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The inaugural show of the Central Ohio Lego Train Club / Lego Builders Group
(Coltc) took place during the Lego Road Show, in Cleveland.
The location was nice, in the back of the Great Lakes Science Center, with a
view of the lake and the Rock'n'Roll hall of Fame. We arrived at 9.10 AM on
Friday, having left Columbus about 3 hours earlier. We finished building up
right on time, at 12.00. There were quite a few people already there during the
build up, luckily they stayed well out of the way. We had a six-table layout,
with each table being the size of 3x6 32x32 stud baseplates.
Since it was our first show, all MOC's, (except for the church that has been
shown at a MichLug show earier this year) have never been showed publically.
The weather was perfect, partly cloudy, with some sun, but no strong winds, and
very pleasant temperatures, all three days!

Pictures, after moderation, are here:

Here are a few appetizers:

right at the start, Fri 12.00 AM
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/LegoRoadShow/dsc00483.jpg

front view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/LegoRoadShow/dsc00494.jpg

side view
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/LegoRoadShow/dsc00506.jpg

unauthorised juggling of flaming chainsaws
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/LegoRoadShow/dsc00581.jpg

drive-in theater:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/LegoRoadShow/dsc00584.jpg

To earn their sticker (part of the program), we had the kids point out one or
more minifigs in our display. Smaller kids were asked to find a big purple
flower and/or Winnie the Pooh (both Duplo). Older kids were asked to find a few
of Spiderman (high up on a tower), Green goblin, Yoda, Darth Vader, Harry
Potter, kitty on bike, Space shuttle (mini-one hanging form the roof). Many came
back for more "quests", even after they already earned their sticker. Many
parents too wanted to participate in the fig-hunt.

It were 3 very busy days, but we had loads of fun. There are many (closet)
AFOL's in the Cleveland area (some brought pictures for us to look at) and quite
a few came back the next day(s) to see it all again. There was alot of media
coverage, at least 4 TV stations filmed bits and pieces throught the three days.
We took many more pictures and video's, they'll be added/uploaded soon.

on behalf of COLTC

Paul Janssen