 Announcements / 1824
1823  |  1825
Subject:
New Syngress RIS 2.0 Book!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:48:52 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Syngress has published another LEGO book, continuing the series started by
the Dark Side Developer's Kit book, and to be finished up by the Ultimate
Builder's Set book.  I think all three will be available in a kit too.

This current book is specific to the RIS 2.0 and is called "10 Cool LEGO
MINDSTORMS Robotics Invention System 2 Projects: Amazing Projects You Can
Build in Under an Hour ".  It contains 10 models, as its title suggests.
For more details go to: http://www.syngress.com/catalog/sg_main.cfm?pid=2300
Amazon and bn.com also have it (if you want a bigger picture of the cover or
something of the sort...).

I just got my copies hot off the press.  I'm obviously going to be biased
and say this is a pretty cool book since I contributed three of the models
;) but I'd like to hear the AFOL community's responses to this of course.
My co-authors are Jeff Elliot, Dean Hystad, Dr. CS Soh, Rob Stehlik, and
Tonya Witherspoon, with Technical Reviewers Mario/Giulio Ferrari.

Anyway, just thought I'd let people know.  I've looked through it and I
think it's fairly well done.  The instructions are very clear and everything
looks wonderful, in no small part because of Kevin Clague's LPub.  I think
that the projects also suit the title and intention of the book: It's meant
to be a beginner's guide companion to the RIS 2.0  There are both mechnical
and programmin'-oriented projects in here.  Some robotic, some non-robotic.
All in all a good mix of projects.  Get yours now! :)

Shameless-plug-although-sincerely-liking-the-book-man,
Luke