 Announcements / 1811
1810  |  1812
Subject:
NGLTC Children's hospital LEGO building session
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 22:27:02 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In the first phase of the North Georgia LEGO Train Club's (NGLTC) Festival
of Trees project we held a LEGO ornament building session at Egleston
Children's Hospital. The ornaments built will be used to decorate our club
tree that will be on display at the 2002 Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Festival of Trees event.

Each table was stocked with pile of LEGO elements and children came and took
turns building. The ornaments will later be glued together and included as
part of the tree. The children were not sent back to their rooms empty
handed, each was given a 4524 Advent Calendar (
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=4524 ) as a thank you for their
contribution.

The NGLTC will be holding two more of these type session so in the end the
tree will include a large number of LEGO ornaments built by the very
children that will benefit from the money raised by the festival.

Here are a few deep links to some of the pictures from the session:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/CHOA2002/Oct2002/dsc00019.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/CHOA2002/Oct2002/dsc00009.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/CHOA2002/Oct2002/dsc00003.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thinice/CHOA2002/Oct2002/dsc00015.jpg