 Announcements / 1774
1773  |  1775
Subject:
Lego train show Edmonton Sept 28-29
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:31:56 GMT

Hello,

The members of the Northern (and Southern) Alberta Lego User Groups are
pleased to announce their participation in the Greater Edmonton Train Show
this Saturday September 28 10AM-5PM and Sunday September 29 10AM-4PM.
To be held at the Mayfield Inn Trade Center, 16615 109 avenue Edmonton, Alberta.
This will be our third year.  We will have a childrens play area with K8s
courtesy of TLG, as we did last year.
This 15 by 25 feet layout will have three separate continuously running
loops, running under a large elevated city, through a farming area with
working grain elevators, over an operating bridge, through a modern port,
into an container yard, then industrial section, with a time warp into the
steam era with a roundhouse and turntable, a large switching yard and back
under the city.
Many other mechanized surprises are to be found, including what we believe
is the first operating Lego escalator.  Visitors will also see an operating
elevator, an automatic level crossing, a copy of the Princess theatre with
flashing marque, and an old fashioned trolley car, operating back and forth
on our version of one block of historic Whyte avenue.
Hope to see you there, photos will follow next week.

Michel Magnan