 Animation / 574
Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:12:29 GMT

Or even just a certain amount of movement per frame. A 'next frame' button
could be incorporated into the design easily. For that matter, even just a
motor, heavily geared down (ie without the rotation sensor), would work if
you programmed it to only tilt for some small fraction of a second. Larger
increments could be worked with multiple button hits.

It only now occur to me that it's animation we're talking about, not filming. In
that case it does not matter hos long it takes etc. between the shots (sure,
fast is better it don't need to be 30fps fast). Then you could easily build a
mechanic solution, motorized if you wish.

In lack of a rotation sensor you can use the lightsensor, if that's availible to
you, see this by Rob Stehlik:
http://sparky.i989.net/rstehlik/images/robots/digger/dd22.jpg

I haven't bought the Hailfire yet, so perhaps I'm missing something with
those wheels. Has anybody experimented further with using them as a
turntable? I saw pictures at some point showing how certain tyre hubs fit
well inside there but I don't know if experimentation went farther than
that. Seems to me that with the right mechanism some serious control could
be gained.

Looks like Bob Kojima is working on a little something:

If you need to have the camera close to the ground, either elevate the "studio
ground" (or lower the camera tilt/pan under ground level), or hang the camera
under the turntable.

Take a look at the great roller designs out there too (see under Turntables,
specificly the ones by Beat Felber):
http://www.lugnet.com/technic/gears

/Tobbe