 Ambassadors / 418
417  |  419
Subject:
The New Expanded Lego Collectors Guide on CD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 03:52:32 GMT

About 3 months ago I posted an announcement for LEGO Ambassadors about getting
the new 1,500 page Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide on CD.  I got
quite a few EMAILs, but due to a near death experience in the family, I didn't
reply (mom is doing well now, even though she wasn't expected to survive cancer
surgery complications).

So I'm asking again... if there are any Ambassadors who don't already have my
LEGO CD and are interested in an "Ambassador's Special", to please contact me.

The expanded version 2 CD has a lot of historic information such as....

1) Yearly LEGO catalogs going back to 1950.
2) A country by country history of LEGO sales and sales offices.
3) A history of the evolution of LEGO instructions (from catalogs-to boxtops-to
paper instructions) from 1950 until the advent of the modern instructions in the
1980's.
4) A history of the evolution of LEGO box top designs and artwork going back to
1949, as well as ALL the LEGO boxes that have Christiansen family members on the
box tops.
5) LEGO parts that were only produced in certain countries.(EU/UK/AUS/USA/CAN)
6) From 1950-65... color image of all the LEGO parts produced by TLG that
year... pictured in colorful diarama's together in 1-3 pages per year.
7) A LEGO Insurance Price List in either EUROs or Dollars for all sets from
1949-1980's.  Each list has nearly 11,000 prices.
8) A history of many LEGO sets and parts that were produced as prototypes, but
just never made it into production (this section has doubled since the Version 1
CD).
9) A history of LEGO model shops, toy fairs and display models.
10) Over 1,800 colorful and black/white historic photos and artwork that spans
40 years.
11) Everything you ever wanted to know about LEGO trees/bushes, flags, road
signs, street lights, lighting devices, gas station accessories and garages
going from 1955-85.
12) An exhaustive list of promotional sets that spans 35 years and includes
Worlds Fair items.
13) A discussion of LEGO bricks that includes stud fonts, pat. pend, brick type,
plastic type and brick sizes.
14) The evolution of the beginning of many LEGO systems... Trains, Space,
Castle, Technic, Duplo, Dacta, spare parts packs and service packs, as well as
minifigs.
15) LEGO errors... catalog errors, set errors, set packing variations (and
errors).

Several Ambassadors already have the first CD, now the 2nd version (at 1,100
pages or 250,000 words of text plus a 400 page dollar and 400 page EURO price
guide), is the most comprehensive repository of LEGO information available.

If you're a LEGO Ambassador (or not), and might be interested in learning more
about TLG than even the folks at TLG...

Then send me an EMAIL at.... istokg@earthlink.net

Also to download some free chapters...

http://www.geminisystems.net/bricklink/

Sorry to post this here first (followups go elsewhere), but I never did get a
chance to respond to many of the Ambassadors who EMAILed me back in June.

Cheers
Gary Istok

P.S Fernando Correia, I've got you taken care of! :-D