 Administrative / Terms of Use / 314
313  |  315
Subject:
Identity Theft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 05:45:31 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

To the LUGNET membership,

I have seen two blatant cases of identity theft in LUGNET newsgroups today
(2001.05.24).

This is in direct violation of the sections 'Acknowledgment and Acceptance
of Terms of Use (6)' and 'Discussion Group Terms and Conditions (1-6, 10)'
as stated in the LUGNET TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT (Version 1.0.1, 7 Mar 2000).

Further, this is a criminal act which needs to be reported to your local law
enforcement agency, and to the Federal Communications Commission (FTC). You
can lodge a complaint against the individual in question by submitting form
OMB # 3084-0047 with the FTC at the following web site:
http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

Please help bring a halt to this destructive behavior on LUGNET by 1)
reporting identity theft to the appropriate authorities as outlined above,
and 2) refusing to respond to any newsgroup posting or e-mail from the
individual in question.

This is our community, and it is 1) our duty to police ourselves and enforce
the LUGNET TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT as agreed to when registering to post to
LUGNET or joining its membership, and 2) our right to have the freedom to
use LUGNET, within the LUGNET TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT, without the fear of
reprisal from disruptive individuals.

I have kept this post purposeful and informative, free of personal opinion
or emotion, in the hope that LUGNET can return to its normal business of
adult fans of LEGO discussing their hobby and passion in a clean, safe
on-line environment.

Sincerely,

Matthew Gerber