 Administrative / Suggestions / 1072
1071  |  1073
Subject:
Request for .vignette group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:32:28 GMT

Dear LUGNET Admin,

I would like to formally request (suggest) that a newsgroup (.moc.vignette or
something similar) be created. There have been numerous posts of 'vignette' MOCs
over the past few weeks, and I, for one, feel that there is a substantial
interest in this type of creation, deserving of its own newsgroup for posting.
Vignettes are just that - small and detailed 'slices' of activity. They are not
sculptures, per se, but a small-scaled type of MOC that can be of any theme or
subject.

The creation of a vignette MOC, be it in the traditional 6x6 or 8x8-stud layout,
is both original and creative, as one is limited only by the level of detail in
such a small footprint. Even if it is a 6x10-stud creation, it could still fall
under this category. Furthermore, perhaps The LEGO Company will look at such
creations as something to own/develop/market - small sets similar to the recent
X-Pods. Thanks for listening...

Nelson