 Administrative / NNTP / 159
Re: Request for groups: movies/LEGO Studio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:41:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Jeff Johnston writes:
I think that as more people buy and begin using LEGO Studio, there are going
to be more films posted and talked about on LUGNET. I'd like to propose the
following new groups:

lugnet.studios - the 'theme group', for discussion of the sets themselves.

lugnet.movies - links to movies, discussion of moviemaking techniques, SFX,
lighting.  (Not limited to LEGO Studios.)

Since there isn't a lugnet.software hierarchy, I think that questions/
discussion specifically about the Spielberg movie set, the camera, and
included software would go into lugnet.studios, while .movies would be for
more general discussion.  There would naturally be a fair amount of
crossover but the topics are different enough to warrant two groups IMHO.

What say you, O Toddly One?

I think those names sound like a good start, but if one is a subset of the
other (that is, both are for movies but one is more general than the other),
then they ought to be named lugnet.x and lugnet.x.y rather than lugnet.x and
lugnet.x.y -- if that makes any sense.

It would be especially nice if we could draw together stop-motion animation
movies, computer animation, photography techniques, etc. into a group or group
or groups.  Right now we've got a pretty specific group .cad.ray for
raytracing, a pretty general group .publish for photography, and nothing
for moving pictures, animated or otherwise -- but they're all somewhat
related.

--Todd