 Administrative / NNTP / 1052
Re: Unable to connect via NNTP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:03:51 GMT

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message
news:20020331000405.GA1170@peeron.com...
FWIW, I too am having problems connecting to the NNTP server.  It does
connect, eventually, but takes about a minute or two.  My guess is that
it's trying to do an auth request to my machine, but my firewall is
blocking the request, causing the server to time out.  Just curious -
are you behind a firewall?

It's not really a LUGNET problem because when I try to connect from
servers outside a firewall, the connection is very fast.  I agree that
pair must have changed _something_ a week ago, but that change just shed
light on an external problem.

According to my firewall logs, the server is *not* doing auth requests (port
113).
IMHO, the problem you have now is different from what happened last year:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=507

BTW, I don't have any problem using NNTP since then.

--
Cheers
Carlo