 Administrative / General / 9772
9771  |  9773
Subject:
Whatever
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 00:57:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:

Yep.  And its also a good thing we have people like Chris, Lawrence, Shiri,
Richard, Lindsay, Frank, etc are here to do the same.  (People who actually
care about the community, mind you)

Yes, but do they care enough to do what needs to be done? And if they care,
is that thing a doable thing just because they care? I don't think so. Any
call for a penalty for anyone is just whistling in the wind because it's not
the community that enforces it, it's the admins.

The admin(s??) have washed her/their hands of it, apparently, though, and
given the rating Suz's "I'm not going to be bothered" post got, everyone
else approves of that abdication of responsibility.

If it were confined to just off-topic.debate I'd say, "ya... OK, I just need
to do better at ignoring Scott when he acts clueless or trolls me." But
lately he's gotten out of hand. He has started bickers in a lot of places
and shown no remorse for his lies and hurtful actions.

So it's NOT just confined to here. His vitriol is a corrosive influence
wherever he turns.

Scott Arthur needs to go. He has way overstayed his welcome. The LD incident
was the final proof. Everyone knows it, deep down in their hearts. But if
the general reaction when that is pointed out is "oh, it's Just Larry Being
Larry"... well then... whatever.

I guess I'm really tired of trying to do my bit to keep order and then
getting called the Thread Policeman or the Whatever by the rabble rousers
and hotheads and twits. Really, really, really tired of it.

I think what hurts the worst, Tim, is that you left my name off the list of
people who care about the community. How dare you!

So forget it.

You know what, Lindsay was right when he said my posts didn't seem the same
any more as they once were. It's not the same for me any more at all either.
His corrosion has corroded me too. I'm not stainless, I'm just mild steel,
and being sprayed with acid over and over and over eventually has its effect.

Enjoy Scott and his community wrecking ways. You all deserve him.

I can't say when or if I'll be back, but I think I need a break from posting
very much to the "friendliest place on the Internet" for a while, other than
flogging sets and doing the curatorship I committed to do. And when he
dances his little victory jig and goes on to bully someone else, don't be
too surprised to hear "I told you so" in the back of your mind.