 Administrative / General / 8925
Re: Member home pages & personal web pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:17:54 GMT

In lugnet.people, Alan Carmack writes:
I am a new lugnet member (947). You can look me up in the lugnet member
directory.

Hi!  Here's your profile page:

http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=947

I was wondering why (a) my member page does not have a link to my lugnet
web site,

You mean to here?

http://www.lugnet.com/~947/

I guess because there isn't an automatic link to there from your profile
page.  I believe you can add a link by clicking the "Edit Profile" button
on your profile page (make sure you're signed in first) and typing the URL
in one of the "My website" boxes.

and (b) why the member directory does not list my personal web page
beside my name, as it dos for others.

You might have added the info after the last regeneration of the listing
pages.  The big listing pages aren't regenerated automagically when something
changes -- only when new members are activated.  The idea for a better system
here is to rework this all into an active member directory of people and of
their webpages.  I've got more underlying work to do here, which I hope I can
get to this weekend, then I can talk to Tim Courtney some more about the upper
layers.  We drew up a sort of road map before Christmas.

--Todd

p.s.  LOVE your St. Basil's Cathedral!!!