 Administrative / General / 8285
Re: Building manual on sale.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:01:45 GMT

Selçuk Göre wrote:

Sorry Eng, I generally don't like policing things, but as far as I know,
posting messages regarding sales and/or auctions to the groups other
than lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade and lugnet.market.auction. And I
believe you should immediately break this since you already posted quite
more than once, which could cause you lose your posting privileges.

Todd,

Are you going to finalize the change in TOS limiting all market activity
to appropriate groups, or finalize that you won't be making the change?
I hate to see people keep tripping over the TOS.

Everyone else, I strongly suggest you read the TOS and consider the post
you are complaining about before making a public complaint such as this.
It's not very welcoming to newcomers to blast them about violating the
TOS when in fact they probably haven't. As Larry has mentioned several
times, sugar works a lot better than spice.

To any newcomers who might be reading this post, remember that common
courtesy suggests that one observe the unwritten social rules before
jumping in. There certainly is an unwritten rule on Lugnet keeping
buy-sell-trade activity to the market groups. Read the charters of the
various groups and read a number of the posts in each group before
jumping in. Also, look at the full list of groups to see if there is a
group which looks appropriate to place your post in. lugnet.general is
mostly a place for stuff which doesn't fit anywhere else (and 70-80% of
the traffic in lugnet.general actually could belong somewhere else).

Let's all work to make lugnet a happier place.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com