 Administrative / General / 8151

Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 01:06:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
2. I have accepted the fact that Matthew is going to be banned and I am OK
with that.

Me too.

I just want to make sure everything has been thought through first.
This is a precedent setting move and I think you (Todd) need to be very
careful in the way you handle the issue because people will refer back to this
discussion for years to come as other situations arrise.

Not sure why he needs to be very careful, since the decision years from now
whether or not to banish someone else will still be Todd's decision to make,
not mine or yours or anyone else's (unless Todd decides to make it someone
else's).

That's not to say Todd ISN'T careful, for his own reasons, but I don't think
his caution is forced on him from any external source.

Re: My Stance
In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
That's not to say Todd ISN'T careful, for his own reasons, but I don't think
his caution is forced on him from any external source.

I think Eric meant it as wise advice.

--Todd