 Administrative / General / 6356
Re: PW validation (was: Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:10:20 GMT

having a password validator that doesn't suck is IMHO a fundamental
prerequisite to allowing passwords to be changed.  Anything less is
irresponsible.

Even if you have great passwords - can't just anyone in the intervening
networks between the user and LUGNET just snoop in and copy down the
unencrypted password?

Richard