 Administrative / General / 5743
Re: Automated password appraisal (Re: New feature: Article rating)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:16:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Grasp your French MacKeyboard. Start with the 'a' (upper
left letter), next you go one up to the '&', then you go one
right to 'é', one down to 'z', one right to 'e', one up to
'"' (double quote), one left to ''' (single quote), and
finally one down to 'r'.

   a&éze"'r

is a very easy to type password (and maybe I shouldn't have
revealed it here).

It catches the isomorphic QWERTY instance of this ("q12we34r") but I'd love
to add xy-tables for Dvorak and non-US keyboards.  Any data pointers?

Legoland translated one row down and slightly to the left
(on a US MacKeyboard) is

  <svk,` x

which isn't all that bad a password.

That's a sneaky one!  :)

I don't know if this really is a bad password, but I
couldn't resist trying it:

  2x4=3001

Another lost password choosing algorithm :-(

Ooh -- I'd better make sure that it dislikes [0-9]+[xX][0-9]+ and [0-9]{4} .

I wouldn't mind having a look.

OK, thanks -- I'll email you...

I don't know if you have a copy of "my" wordlists [1,2].
1) <URL: http://www.sslug.dk/locale/ispell/autobuild/ >
2) <URL: http://hugin.ldraw.org/ifaroese/autobuild/ >

Ahh, splendid!

--Todd