 Administrative / General / 5734
Re: Automated password appraisal (Re: New feature: Article rating)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:56:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, joke's on me. The password I thought wasn't so great is not stunning,
but it got a "adequate". Sorry, I can't tell you what it is right now,
though.

A couple questions about its structure...I don't know if you can answer these
but it seems like you could maybe:  Without giving away any hints about what
it was, why did you think it was risky?  Did it contain a word?  Did it
contain a word which wasn't caught by the checker?  If it passed ("adequate"
is a pass, not a fail) a password that you didn't think was good then would
you say, in your professional opinion, that its bar is too low?  Or, after
having seen some results, do you agree with the assessment?  The pw's entered
at the test-page aren't logged or stored anywhere so I can't go back and try
them out to look for issues -- I can only go by what (if any) details or
meta-details you can safely offer as feedback.  TIA (if it applies).

--Todd