 Administrative / General / 5709
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:43:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
My vote would be to keep Lugnet a place where you can post from any
interface
without paying for a membership.  There are a lot of people (myself
included)
who won't pay for a membership without trying a place out first.

I agree.

Me 2.

But if Mike's suggestion is taken a little differently, i.e.,

  "I think _I_ should have to sign in to post via the web interface."

...then that's probably a good thing.  Once you do decide to beomce a member,
you should (it would be nice if you could) be able to say, "OK, make me sign
in with my password (because I want it this way) before letting me post under
my name."

Definitely. I also think this should be possible even if you're not a member,
but that's just my view of it. (I'm a member, so I'll have that anyway :)

Oh, and Todd...?

Todd wrote:
to beomce a member,
      ^^^

Your second three-letter switch in a while now ;-) Thanks for a great laugh!

-Shiri