 Administrative / General / 5533
Re: errr... 403 Forbidden?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 06:06:48 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:
ok, just tried again:

hermitage$ wwwget http://www.lugnet.com
403 Forbidden <URL:http://www.lugnet.com>
hermitage$ date
Sun Mar 26 00:25:38 EST 2000
hermitage$

I didn't change anything recently, so I guess it started sometime this
past week - I have been working on something else, so I didn't run it
daily as I should. :P

according to the LWP man page, it identifies itself as
"LPW::Simple/#.##" where ### is the version number of my libwww-perl...

OK, I see it in the logs...  "LWP::Simple/5.44"...

I don't get how it could ever have worked before...

I did recently (last week) update the UA block regex to account for another
evil crawler that was tromping around, but LWP::Simple has been part of the
regex since the beginning...

Looking through all of the logs for the past 3 weeks, at the same IP address
as the hits above, there are zero hits from any UA identifying itself as
LWP::Simple.  You musta changed something!

--Todd