 Administrative / General / 4918
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:03:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
<snip>
AND you understand that making individual lugnet.market
groups for each theme has the added benefit of NOT asking Todd to do • something
he has SPECIFICALLY said he doesn't want to do...

I do not follow this. You should understand that Todd is not a pile of logic
circuits - he is capable of changing his mind.

Sure. But Eric's point was that the idea is unneccessary, since the idea of
creating .market.#theme# groups would:
a) be better than changing the charter of every theme group, even in your mind
(Scott)
b) create an option for people who DO NOT want to read auction/sale posts in
theme groups
c) not require asking Todd to do something he has SPECIFICALLY said he doesn't
want to do.

It was just yet another argument why this idea is not suitable.

But that was not the
intention of my post. The aim of my post was to get an idea of what people
feel on this issue. It has failed to do that.

No, it hasn't. People have explicitly said they dislike the idea. Why is that
so hard for you to accept?

I am beginning to think most
people do not care either way. That is why post like this one can sit for
over 2 weeks without being mentioned:
http://www.lugnet.com/duplo/?n=116

I don't think that's the reason that the post was unnoticed. It was unnoticed
because it was in a group of very low traffic. Had a similar post emerged in a
high traffic group [e.g. trains, SW, robotics] it would have been noticed and
probably dealt with earlier.

-Shiri