 Administrative / General / 3369
Re: UKLUG Prototype online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 18:57:19 GMT

Larry's absolutely right:  .loc.uk is for discussing things relevant to the
UK just as much as it is for people in the UK to discuss local stuff or just
to get to know one another, etc.

How is a morality debate relevant to the UK then?  If I read many UK newsgroups
they just don't exist.

If there's a need for an exclusive UK-only group, then the ticket (IMHO) to
that is to create a special UKLUG group in the .org tree (probably under
.org.uk) and require someone to be a UKLUG member in order to post there.
(Something like that...)

Well something has to be done - before the 'invasion' there was no bad feeling,
no flamewars or anything - it was really friendly - then 110 debate posts
appeared with a pointless morality debate although it contained a UK company it
should have gone to off-topic.debate or should a new group be created
lugnet.debate for LEGO Debates.

On a completely different note I think lugnet.loc.eu should be created for
countries of the European Union.  This would be for European-wide set releases,
exclusive sets in different countries and especially an European LEGOFest which
I hope can happen before the end of next year (hoping :-) ).

Carbon 60