 Administrative / General / 14074
Re: email settings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:26:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, David Gregory wrote:
   Sooooo...did anyone ever find anything out about this? The LUGNET newsgroups still have my old email address, even though my personal data contains the current, correct one.

David

Hi David,

interesting effect we are seeing here; it turns out that LUGNET stores your posting email address outside of your normal user profile.

Remember that you need to authorize any email address you wish to use for posting separately?

It looks like you are posting through the web interface. If you go to http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/ while signed in, you will still see your earthlink.net address listed there. Please update that field to your current address as well - in the future, you should be seeing the new email address appear in your posts.

This will, however, not necessarily affect previous posts of yours, the problem being that the news system - like an email client - stores header information in the individual post file, and this information is pulled again for display on the web pages. For posting through NNTP or mail, this is the desired behavior. For posting through the web, the corresponding headers are mimicked based on the info you stored in the news setup page, otherwise the posts would not be handled correctly in the NNTP system.

Regards,

Jerry