 Administrative / General / 13404
Re: What happened to the new servers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:58:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
Todd would be the one to answer this properly. I believe the hardware is
set up, but not in use at present. I know the domain issue got resolved.

The hardware has been set up and running in a powered rack on an active
Internet connection; the software is 98% installed and we had most of it
running at one point, but never got the last 2% to make the switch to the
new OS.  One of the boxes mirrors the live content of the current server.
The units are 1U I think and I believe they contain their own power
supplies, although Matthew would know for sure.  They just need rack space
at the wherever the new location will be.

--Todd