 Administrative / General / 13348
Re: IRON MECHA - image permissions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:26:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

   Jealousy controls you, hatred motivates you. The same people, the same hatred. I created a graphic to honor the image presented to the contestees. The graphic has been online for weeks now. No one raised a concern when I posted it originally. Only now that there is a platform to complain do the malcontents rasie their heads.

the x-group tos issues are relevant, esp. since this is a repeat occurance. that should be addressed appropriatly and seperate from all the personal baggage surrounding this issue. I havn’t noticed any sort of administration around here for awhile or mabye no one wants to deal with this sort of sticky mess. who likes babysitting anyways?

I think a bigger concern is the copyright issues raised here. Mark brought up some very valid points which weren’t replied to. The auction page really should be redone and any connection to the contest that he organized should be ommited. As well as the imagry.

I’m not a copyrights expert but have had lots of experience online with them. One of the biggest things you want to avoid when dealing with copyrighted material is heat. You are attracting a lot of unwanted heat with this continued discussion. If you are bent on using the imagry without consent for a commercial purpose then you should really put a lid on it. Unless this is some madcapped soapbox method of drumming up press.

This is not an unfamiliar subject for you, as you advocated recently on behalf of another bricker’s behalf for the perceived abuse of his imagry. And there was no commerce involved on that one. Granted nothing will probably come of this but then that’s probably what Bill Swanberg thought and he brought so much good press to the community =) If your goal is to generate revenue then you might want to take some steps to avoid lawsuits, and this sort of heat your generating here can eventually reach the copyright holders.

A lot of what has been said in this thread has been in the vein of advice, and please take this as such.

cheers, Joseph