 Administrative / General / 12591
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:50:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:

You can get the justification for the Spotlight weights here and here. This bit strikes me as particularly absurd:

    These can be tweaked as necessary. And will be, if we can’t get
    spotlighting to highlight what we believe people truly want to see
    highlighted.

Of course, the easiest way to see what people want highlighted would be to count the number of highlights. But the admins don’t see it that way, I guess.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s
Creations

Actually, having the spotlight feature honor the skip filter would resolve the highlighting issue, but unfortunately that won’t happen.

-Duane