 Administrative / General / 11890
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:02:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz wrote:

(snip)

If someone says “I’m gay” people say “Why did you need to tell me that? I don’t care and don’t what to know about what you do in bed.”

Being gay presents a special problem, because their behavior is repulsive to heterosexuals. I don’t mean to offend gays, but it is the truth. And it goes beyond mere intolerance. We are probably talking on the DNA level here or something, but it is deeply ingrained.

Now I believe most people want to be tolerant and respectful of gays as people, but asking heterosexuals to accept their lifestyle is too much. It is too much of an afront to their sexuality. Wouldn’t the world be a more tolerant place if we were all bisexual-- well it ain’t gonna happen.

And this goes beyond religion and beliefs, so I’d rather not see them dragged into the discussion (until the end, eh Lar?).

JOHN