 Administrative / General / 11313
Re: INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:50:43 GMT

Rob Doucette <lego@nospam.doucettenet.com> wrote:
I'd like to suggest that the link between LUGNET and the external mailing list
be reconsidered, or that the maintainers of the external list not allow
unvalidated people to post to it.

The Nigerian scam ring was broken up in Amsterdam last month:
http://www.wired.com/news/ebiz/0,1272,62124,00.html

That's not _the_ ring. That's _a_ ring. Certainly won't put an end to it
all. And of course, there's other kinds of spam as well.

I don't think the mailing list link should be severed, but it'd be nice if
the list had tighter policies.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>