 Administrative / General / 11286
Re: DNS outage, service restored
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:55:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
My apologies to everyone who was unable to reach the server for the
better part of the past day.  I had thought the lugnet.com domain had
been renewed through 2005, but it actually was up for renewal this year,
with expiry on January 18.  Consequently, Network Solutions, the domain
registrar with whom lugnet.com is registered, disabled the domain
sometime around midnight EST this morning.

Hey, this same thing just happened to the Washington Post, so I guess Todd's in
good company here.

See http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/06/technology/06paper.html