 Administrative / Database / 1497
1496  |  1498
Subject:
Set 10075: Spider-Man Action Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:05:05 GMT

I just noticed that page 20 of the US S@H Summer catalog mentions this new
set 10075: Spider-Man Action Pack.  It's listed as part of a kit special
(K1376) with the other two Spider-Man sets, with a "worth" (=MSRP?) of
$7.  It features "the pieces and instructions you need to build this
complete scene from the movie" ("this scene" presumably referring to the
scene pictured on that page).  So apparently 10075 consists of
instructions and the pieces you need (in addition to 1376 and 1374) to
build the pictured scene.

There are some oddities.  Normally the sets on a two-page spread are
lettered A, B, C, etc., but on pp. 20--21 it goes
C. K1376
B. 1376
C. 1374
Also, K1374 is listed for ages "6+", even though it contains 1376, which
is listed for ages "7--12".

The piece count for K1374 is given as 319, which means (I think) that
10075 has 20 pieces, which seems rather paltry for a set with a proclaimed
worth of $7.  The picture has two "studio lights" and the picture for 1376
has only one, so that would be half those pieces right there.  I also see
a couple of extra flames and a large piece (cardboard?) with "417344Z"
printed on it and an atrium-ceilinglike pattern.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/